Friday 4 March 2016

Invisible

Invisible


I woke up one day with a renewed sense of purpose,
Walking up tall, chin up, arms akimbo; a bright face
Facing up my challenges head on, and never turning back,
I suppose this is the ingredient I have been missing all my life,
I retire to bed with a deserved sense of accomplishment.

I look up in the mirror on the morrow, a dawn of horrors,
I reason that my lenses had expired since I couldn't see me,
I hope my senses hadn't also expired, I begun to question my sanity,
If it was a dream, I had never had it in such vivid and clear resolution,
I then resolve to take a walk up the road, since the sun was up.

The tall grass I stepped on didn’t even acknowledge my existence,
Remained upright and undisturbed as if a ghost was moving over it,
The people I passed, the neighbours and the pets follow suit,
Had I suddenly turned invisible to all there is in this world?
This dream, illusion, demon, whatever it was, was refusing to go.

Only I could see me, feel me, acknowledge me and respect me,
I wondered if life was worth living, when all there was is me,
Do I ignore those whose world I am not and can't be part of?
Isn't life meant to be lived, defined and made sense of individually?
If this was a test, I was obviously failing as I couldn't make sense of it.

I had become a faceless bunch of nothing, only real to my own nothingness,
A self conscious illusion, so desperate to leave a foot print on the sand,
Did I even have an identity, finger prints or even a past to speak of?
Do I resign from life? But which life do I have to speak of?
Who am I? What am I? What purpose do I serve? Whose purpose?
I appeal to all those who feel invisible in this life we live,
Those who are made to feel they are irrelevant in the making of history,
Those whose feet can't leave a foot print on the sands of time,
Whose fingers have been burnt in the flames of life erasing all fingerprints,
Whose voice can't leave their own throats or their minds.

I appeal to those who feel they are alone in this creepy dream,
So they can come forward and we form our own invisible society,
In which we can be visible in our invisibility, relevant in our irrelevance,
So we can decide who we are, whose we are and what we are,

And escape from this curse of invisibility whilst we still live.

No comments:

Post a Comment