Friday 4 March 2016

When I am gone


When I am gone

I can hardly fathom a world I am not part of,
A sense of responsibility torments my conscience,
The fear of leaving everything to the irresponsible,
But others have been caught by surprise,
The net drops seemingly out of nowhere,
And it takes you to a place far, far away.

When I am gone ponder no more,
Just remember the net is hovering unseen,
Waiting to descend on whom the cloak has ticked,
Perhaps it's now over your own head,
Make use of the moments you have on hand.

When I am gone, go to a solitary place,
Number your days and apply wisdom,
So don't waste time worrying about the net,
For when it comes you would have finished,
And you would be happy to go far, far away.

When I am gone mourn but for a moment,
Mourn indeed for those who live in ignorance,
Those whose eyes can't go beyond the spotlight,
That shines and reveals what's in the moment,

Remind them of the net that takes us far, far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment